Wednesday, September 26, 2012

C4K Summary for September

Mao's blog
Mao is a fifth grader at Point England School. On September 18, 2012, she posted about her school assembly that gave a farewell to a teacher, Mrs. Verry. Mao was very emotional about the fact that her teacher was leaving. As a honor of her teacher, the groups from her school did dance performances, for which videos were posted by Mao. She described Mrs. Verry as a lovely teacher and the "Queen of Bling". She closed her post by saying that she will miss Mrs. Verry and may god bless her family. In my comment, I replied back to her by complimenting how well she had communicated her feelings. Also, I wrote about the things we had in common. For example, I felt the same way when I had to leave my 11th and 12th grade science teacher when going to college. Also, just like Mrs. Verry is the "Queen of Bling", my fifth grade teacher was the "Queen of Shoes" because of the different sandals she wore everyday. I was able to connect to Mao by saying that some teachers are so memorable.

Dustin's blogDustin attends a middle school in Iowa. His most recent blog post, called "Homecoming Week", was published on September 25, 2012. In this post, Dustin described the different things his school is doing each day of the week for homecoming week. I replied by telling him about the homecomings I had when I was in high school. I wrote that my school had homecoming t-shirts made which could be worn on the day of homecoming. In addition, I commented that Dustin's school seemed unique to me because the students were allowed to dress up as cats and wear 50 different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment