Sunday, November 25, 2012

C4K Summary for November

Peyton is a student in Mr. Boylen's class in the 8th grade. In his post, "Miracle's Boys," Peyton offers a complete review of the book. He gives a short summary without revealing the ending. In addition, he recommends it to someone who wants a soft read. In my comment, I complimented him for giving such a great review. His review excited me to want to read the story.

A screenshot of Hanna's post on internet safety
Hanna is a student in Mr. Cometti's World History class at Robertsdale High. I her post, Hanna discussed internet safety and summarized what she learned from class and the library about blogging. She says that there are several rules to stay safe. Some include to not put any personal information (last name, phone number, etc.), to not put any personal pictures, to avoid using sarcasm, and to avoid posting hurtful comments. In my comment, I explained that it was great to follow these rule to stay safe. However, it is okay to to include somewhat of a biography so people know something about the blogger and the context of the blog post. It is also okay to include an email address so people can communicate with you and get across ideas and questions.

A picture of Ms. Dietra from the Poarch Creek Indian ReservationMs. Nelson, who teaches the 4th grade at East Elementary in Daphne, posted "Poarch Creek Indian Visit". In this post, she has written that Ms. Dietra from the Poarch Creek Indian Reservation came to speak to their fourth graders. In my reply, I said that it must have been exciting to gain a first-hand experience of a Native American, rather than just reading and looking at their pictures in a textbook. I wish I was able to get such an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment