Wednesday, November 7, 2012

C4T Summary for November

Screenshot of Mr. Smith's blog
Mr. Smith is a superintendent in Tuscola, Illinois. In his blog post, "Tweeting and Texting", he says that technology is great, but students are often too young or immature to handle it. Since technology is making the world smaller, it brings caution to the parents. Mr. Smith encourages parents to check their kids' twitter accounts and cell phone texts. He even says to follow their facebook and twitter accounts. He says that if they get mad or defensive, then they are onto something. In my reply, I agreed that kids can sometimes be immature or young to handle technology. Despite this, if used positively, social networking can provide a great outlet for education. The diffusion of ideas and creativity can be a great thing. If technology is integrated into education, students will attain a range of skills that will make them better prepared for the jobs that will hold in the future, such as working in teams and problem-solving. I asked him what his thoughts were on this.

In his post, "Searching for Sanity? Turn Off Your Technology," Mr. Smith states that technology is great, but it can also be suffocating. He says that with technology you can be at work for 24 hours because of access to e-mail and social networking. He advocates both a push to use technology and a put not to use technology for administrators. He advises to take some time "off the radar". I agreed that technology can be suffocating at times. There are times when I just want to close my laptop lid because of staring at it all day and instead spend time with my family. As soon as I open my laptop, I am reminded of the tasks still awaiting me. I believe that the potential that technology has is great but I hope it doesn't take the peace from a person. Some time without it is a great stress reliever!

No comments:

Post a Comment